Mr. T. R. Dua
T. R. Dua
An engineering graduate with diploma in Business Management and export Marketing. Have an experience of over 35 years in the telecom sector. Experience includes all facets of telecom be it Product Development, Business Development, Telecom Licensing, Regulatory issues with respect to interconnection / roaming / Unified Licensing and Infrastructure Sharing / Mobile Number Portability, Spectrum Management, Spectrum Related Issues Like Spectrum Pricing, Efficient Utilization and Spectrum re-farming etc. Have also been involved very closely with number of Joint Ventures / Technical Collaborations.
All these years I have held very prestigious positions as Director in leading telecom companies like Bharti Airtel Ltd., Shyam Telecom Ltd., Cellular Operators Association of India, Vice Chairman – Global ICT Standardisation Forum for India and Senior Director - TAIPA. Besides other consulting assignments.
Have many first to my credit like finalization of joint ventures,technical collaborations,introduction of new products,launch of cellular services in India and finalization of License agreements / interconnect agreements.
Work very closely with institutions like ITU/APT/WWRF with regards to the spectrum matters.
Very actively involved with various professional institutions / associations to promote the interest of telecom sector and published many papers in telecom.
Presently holding the following position in various Professional Institutions:
- Vice Chairman - GISFI
- Co Chairman – ITU APT Foundation of India
- Vice President – PTC India Foundation
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow of Institution of Electronics & Telecom Engineers
- Member – Computer Society of India
- Member – Indian Science Congress
- Member – Optical Society of India
- Member –WWRF
- Member –FICCI/ASSOCHAM/CII Telecom committee
- Chair man CII committee on GREEN ENERGY
- MEMBER AMITY TELECOM VISION BOARD
- MEMBER CORE GROUP “MOBILITY FOR LIFE “ EU PROJECT