Prof. Ashwani Kumar Bansal
Prof. Ashwani Kr Bansal, Head and Dean, Faculty of Law, DU
Designated as IPR Specialist, MHRD IPR Chair, DUHas expertise in Intellectual Property Rights, Commercial Laws, Cyber Laws, Legislative Interventions, and Drafting of Laws,
- Exemplary contribution in amending laws by Government notification outside Parliament under removal of difficulties clause; Parsar Bharti Act,1990 and Information Technology Act, 2000.
- Teaching 1978-2014 ( 36 years) continuing
- Prof Bansal Worked in the rank of Joint Secretary, Controller of Certifying Authorites, Government of India 2002-03; and
- Member-Secretary of Inter-Ministerial Working Group on Cyber Laws and Cyber Forensics in the Ministry of Information Technology ( 2002-03)
- Was Director, Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary studies, three years 2007-2009 ( A Government Institute),
- Two times Elected Member, Governing Council of Indian law Institute, with Chief Justice of India as ex –officio President, Year 2010 -2016. ( A Government Institute)
- Three Large Books and Many articles: -
- Editor of Journals :
- JCPS Journal of Constitutional Parliamentary Studies for 3 years (2006-08) ;
- Journal of Law Teachers of India. ( JOLT-I) 2011 and 2012;
- Delhi Law Review 2012, 2013 and 2014.
He Has been honored as the Chief Guest at seminars on IP at Lucknow, Kolkata, Chennai, Kolhapur, Bhopal, Pune, Goa, Delhi, Ludhiana, Varanasi, Jaipur, Trinalveli, IIT Roorkee and has been key note speaker at all major cities and Universities in India