Mona Al achkar Jabbour
Mona Al-achkar, Professor of Law at "La filiere Francophone du Droit" Faculty of Law, Lebanese University
Professor of Law, at the Lebanese University, with team leading experience and passion for work on the leading edge of achievement, innovation, and efficiency.
Co-Director of Cyber Crime Center, created by Lebanese Information Technology Association (LITA) NGO
Action and public relations oriented.
Enjoy work which involves influencing, advising, counseling, guiding, motivating, or directing activities.
- Arabic, English, French (Speaking and Writing excellent)
- Quick learner, Excel in : building consensus and empowering people
- Flexible, creative, dynamic, multi-task oriented, dedicated to help empowering Arabic Information society.
- Contract negotiation/review/drafting.
- Organization of scientific events ( international, regional, and national conferences on Internet Governance, cyber crime, and cyber security).
- Supervising key projects in Legal language processing (some of which led to adoption of new methodology in Legal information processing).
- Training of searchers, administrative staff, Professors and academics in fields of Personal Data Protection, Encountering and fighting Cybercrime, access to information, internet governance, and Legal Data Bases creation.
- in Private Law - Lebanese University- 1993
- LLM in Private Law- Lebanese University - 1986
- LLM in Public Law - Lebanese University- 1984
- BA in Law - Lebanese University- 1981
- Training and courses in Information Technologies for Law, Montpellier1 France
- Training and courses in Internet Law, Montpellier1 France
- Member of the Permanent Monitoring Panel on Information Security at the World federation of Scientists- since 2013
- Member of the GAC- Government Advisory Committee - ICANN - 2013-2014
- Founder and Head of the LITA- Lebanese Information Technology Association since 2004
- Founder and principal Coordinator of the Pan Arab Observatory for Cyber Security since 2009
- Member Founder of the Arab Union for Arbitration in 2007 in Cairo- Egypt
- Member of the Online Arab Writers since 2007
- Member of the Legal Committee for online Children protection - Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs
- Board member of the CLERH - Lebanese Center for Human Resources Excellency since 2011
- co-Director of the Cyber Crime Center
- Member of the Thesaurus updating Committee- League of Arab States
Activities related to Internet Governance and Cyber crime
- Participate in IGF' meetings since 2010
- Participated in Arab IGF preparatory meetings - Beirut
- organized many International, Regional and National Conferences, Seminars, and workshops in cooperation with UN departments and Arab League of States.
- Consulted for Legal database implementation and related Legal issues for the Ministry of justice in Kuwait.
- Member of the Lebanese Official delegation to WISIS - 2005- Tunis
- Initiated Lebanon participation in GAC - ICANN for the first time in 2013
- Created the Pan Arab Observatory for Cyber Security in 2009
- Proposed and established the Pan Arab Cyber Security Days as annual event since 2009
- Instigated cooperation with European and Arab universities and research centers in Lebanon and the Arab World
- create the Cyber Crime Center (CCC) hosted in AUST in 2014
- Prepared a Draft of Legislation on Personal Data Protection for Lebanon in 2016
- Prepared a Draft of an Arab Convention for Cyber Security in 2015
Wrote a Book on Cyber Security "Cyber: An Era Obsession" for the Center of Legal and Judicial researches and Studies in 2016