Tilak Raj Dua, Director General, TAIPA
An engineering graduate with diploma in Business Management and export Marketing. Have an experience of over 35 years in the telecom sector. Experience includes all facets of telecom be it Product Development, Business Development, Telecom Licensing, Regulatory issues & Spectrum Management.
All these years I have held very prestigious positions as Director in leading telecom companies like Bharti Airtel Ltd., Shyam Telecom Ltd., Cellular Operators Association of India, Vice Chairman, Global ICT Standardisation Forum for India and Director General TAIPA.
Have many first to my credit like finalization of joint ventures,technical collaboration,introduction of new products,launch of new services in India and finalization of licence agreements / interconnect agreements.
Work very closely with institutions like ITU/APT/WWRF with regards to the spectrum matters .
Very actively involved with various professional institutions / associations to promote the interest of telecom sector and published many papers in telecom.
Presently holding the following position in various Professional Institutions:
- Chairman – ITU APT Foundation of India
- Vice Chairman – GISFI
- Vice President – PTC India Foundation
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow of Institution of Electronics & Telecom Engineers
- Advisory Board inner circle Tower Xchange
- Member – Computer Society of India
- Member – Indian Science Congress
- Member –WWRF
- Member –FICCI/ASSOCHAM/CII Telecom committee
- MEMBER AMITY TELECOM VISION BOARD
- MEMBER CORE GROUP “MOBILITY FOR LIFE “ EU PROJECT
IN 2010 he was awarded the ”EVANGELIST MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE AWARD