Alessandro Palmigiano, Partner, Avv. Alessandro Palmigiano
Alessandro Palmigiano is the principal partner of the firm together with his father.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Palermo with first class honours and has been a member of the Bar of Palermo since 1996, specialising in civil and commercial law.
His practice has become increasingly specialised in consumer protection litigation and many of the cases litigated by him have attracted media interest. He is frequently called upon to write, comment and give his opinion to the Italian media and is also frequently published and commented upon in the principal Italian legal publications and journals. He currently provides commercial legal advice to public entities, enterprises, multinationals and insurance companies, in particular with respect to out of court settlements.
Within the Firm he has the role of principal supervisory partner, delegating personally the work of the Firm, working closely with, co-ordinating and reviewing the activities of his colleagues. His further tittles and appointments are as follows:
- 2009 until present: representing clients and conducting litigation in the Supreme Court of Cassation, thehighest court of appeal in Italy.
- April 2009 until present: Honorary Consul of Lithuania for the Region of Sicily.
- April 2001 until present: Manager of legal research and programming activities of the DET Institute (Law, Economics and Technology) of the Rosselli Foundation of Turin, conducting numerous research projects on legal-administrative and consumer protection issues, frequently commissioned by the European Commission or by Italian Ministries.
- Member from 2005 until 2007 of the CFR – Net (Common Framework Reference), a group of experts appointed by the European Commission to draft the reform of European contract law in relation to consumer protection.
- Member from 2003 until 2004 of the High Level Working-Group of the European Commission – DG Domestic Market – reviewing the directive on product liability (85/347/EC).
Most recently he has been appointed a Member of the Expert Goup on Cloud Computing Contracts of the European Commission for the period 2013-2014
He lectures on post-graduate master courses and is frequently a guest lecturer for various university courses and seminars, on issues related to civil and commercial law and the statutory rights of individuals.
He has spoken at many national and international conferences and is the author of scientific articles and publications.
He has an excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of French.