Mr. P.K. Malhotra, Member, Securities Appellate Tribunal
Enrolled as an Advocate with Bar Council of Delhi. More than 30 years experience in the field of law. Prior to appointment as Member, SAT, was working as Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Law & Justice, Government. of India, New Delhi. Other important assignment held in the past include Chairman, Adjudicating Authority under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act; Judicial Member, Income-tax Appellate Tribunal; Legal Adviser to the Government of Guyana, South America (on foreign assignment); Member, COFEPOSA Preventive Detention Advisory Committee; Legal Adviser for the Ministry of Finance, Commerce, Communication & Information Technology, Railways, Labour, Personnel & Training and Cabinet Secretariat.
- Head of Indian Delegation to Vienna to participate in Working Group meetings of UNICITRAL
- Represented the Ministry before WTO Dispute Resolution Tribunal at Geneva in a dispute between India & EU
- Participated in Bilateral Investment Protection Agreements with USA, Australia, Oman, China Hong Kong and some other countries
- Negotiated mutual Legal Assistance Treaty in Criminal matters with Phillipines
- Advised on DTA Agreements negotiated with other countries